- Inflammation and periodontal infections are called gingivitis and periodontitis, but there are different types.
Periodontitis is the part of dentistry that specializes in the treatment of periodontal. This includes the tooth supporting tissue: gums, bones etc.
How can periodontitis occur ?
- Plack (accumulation of bacteria) is the reason for the development of periodontal disease
- Plack arises between the individual brushes. With insufficient brushing techniques to Plack accumulates below the gum line
- The organism tries to defend the bacteria: It creates an inflammatory immune response, which limits the gum: it is the stage of gingivitis
- Gingivitis can be present for years without being noticed
Dernière mise à jour le: 15/11/2021